A metaphor for going to a work related Training session is that it is like going to an informative and inspiring lecture on exercise. Coaching after Training is like going to the gym with a ‘personal trainer’ and receiving the one-to-one attention that translates new learning into results!
The combination of these two modalities is powerful and synergistic. The results are consistently better and longer lasting. On The Threshold’s distinct blend of coaching and training develops clients who are more effective than those who have experienced either modality on its own.
Coaching & Training Programs are available for:
Teams at Work
On The Threshold offers a range of customizable offerings we are happy to discuss with you that include:
1. Coaching – for Individuals and Teams
- One-on-one (personal, corporate, executive)
- Leadership – including 360 leader assessments (the Leadership Circle Profile 360™)
- Team Coaching (Corporate and Non-profit Organizations) including RSI@Work™
- Relationship Coaching – for all kinds of partnerships (personal, professional, organizational)
Coaching is offered either in person or by telephone. In person is available as geography and travel permit. As an excellent alternative option, telephone coaching has proven to be very effective; many of the testimonials on this site are from international clients who were successfully coached by phone. In addition to offering comfort, convenience and cost effectiveness to the client/organization, this method develops a high level of connection between coach and client while spanning virtually any geographical distance.
2. Coaching/Training Blended Programs
- Communication with Emotional Intelligence – can include a EI 360™ Assessment
- Team Development – using The Team Diagnostic Assessment™/ The Leadership Circle Culture Survey™
- Leadership Development– introductory and advanced programs for leaders and staff. Can include a Leadership 360 for helpful leadership feedback.
- Conflict Resolution – can include a conflict self-assessment to increase one’s own awareness of what is working and what needs to stop.
- Performance Coaching for individuals identified by their organization as requiring growth/development/improvement in specific areas that coaching can support
- Half- and Full-day Programs for your team/group/event
Training is most often done in person; however, On The Threshold’s approach to working with clients is often a blend of coaching and training, so training can also be done by phone as well.
3. Specific Topic offerings – for Individuals or Teams
RSI @ Work™ – a course in advanced leadership with Relationship Systems Intelligence™ – John is one of only a handful of people certified internationally to deliver this program! See our description in our ‘Leadership Intelligence‘ section.
Personality Dimensions™ and Strengths Workshops and Assessments – the ABC’s of leveraging the diversity of strengths and approaches in the Workplace –
a more productive and emotionally healthier workplace is supported by understanding differences in styles, strengths and approaches. Being able to leverage these differences can take a team or even a whole company to a higher level of performance and results. See our ‘Teams’ section to find out more about how On The Threshold can help this to happen for you!
4. Speaking/Group Presentations
Varied-length presentations for your professional/organizational meetings and retreats. Due to our interactive style, best for groups of up to ~ 30 attendees.
- Healthy Talk at Work – Creating Emotionally Intelligent Working Relationships
- Conflict Navigation – Charting a Constructive Course
- Constructive Person Centered Communication: Because the quality of our conversations matters.. What to start doing … and what to stop!
5. Coaching Certification Mentoring
John regularly mentors individuals who are training to become Certified Coaches in their respective programs. Passion for a ‘coaching approach’ and supporting people who want to become professional coaches makes this both important and enjoyable for John. Contact us for more information on this service.
Pricing: Contact us for pricing and payment.
What is the impact of Coaching after Training with John?
Partnership for the sake of your success.
“I have sat through a number of similar courses and found without coaching, the learnings are rarely retained. By working with a professional coach such as John I have developed some invaluable skills for life. The coaching cements and develops the skills. The coaching sessions have helped me to work on issues that are specific to me. These sessions have progressively helped me grow both personally and professionally. My coach was fantastic. He was engaging, flexible, challenging and understanding.” – A.C., Coaching client
Articles by John – are available upon request and include:
The Science Behind Emotional Intelligence
E.I. for Teams
Turning Conflict Into Constructive Interaction
Creating Intelligent Teams
Words & Details – Excellence in writing and editing services to help you get your message out there by Gwen Robinson.
EzineArticles.com where John is published online.
Two Roads Marketing– Sharon Marks, creating powerful and effective website design
Greigg Fraser – Guitarist “Instrumental rock guitar –like you’ve never heard!”
Heron Walk – When it is time to pause, reflect and redirect one’s soul, Chuck and Sandy of Heron Walk hold Sweat Lodges and spaces for meditation and sacred reflection in South Western Ontario.